June 25, 2012

Cindy's Color Chat - Summer Color

"Seashells" quilted wall hanging - Cindy Grisdela



Summer has arrived in the Northern Hemisphere with its longer days, warm sun and time for vacations. What does summer mean to you? To me it's lazy days at the beach, which is how I spent my childhood.

Seashells above is my abstract interpretation of those summer days. I pushed myself to use a variety of neutral tones, since most of my work is about bright, saturated color. But even the seashells have bits of color here and there, maybe pink or coral on the inside of the shell or darker brown spots or stripes. Hints of color crept in--a little pink, a little teal, a little mint green--to add interest and movement to the final composition. The irregular circles also echo the seashell motif of the piece.

Neutral doesn't have to mean boring! Color can be used very effectively to create a mood, to

Let's look at how other TAFA members on Etsy interpret summer:

Ocean blue nuno felted vest -  ArianeMariane



Laguna Table Runner - OmMadeThreads

Fabric Charm Pack - therainbowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our audience! Comments are appreciated and help us know that what we are doing is important to you. Don't be a lurker! Jump in and give us your thoughts!