May 23, 2013

Sunflower Design



Marcy Horswell of Cumberland, BC (Canada) loves sunflowers! She makes quilts of them, draws them and named her business Sunflower Design! Her quilts and graphic design business all come from a place of creative exploration. She states:

"Why do I pursue creativity? When I turn to my studio, it is to escape the fast-paced and stressful world I live in. Time slows down when I walk through the studio door; in fact, time becomes irrelevant. As I familiarize myself with my space and collections, my life takes on a quiet rhythm. My senses become acutely aware of colour, texture and the quiet. Sketches go down on paper, needles go through fabric and layers form one on top of another. My heart beats to my own rhythm and a new idea is born."

Visit her profile on TAFA: http://www.tafalist.com/members/sunflower-design


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our audience! Comments are appreciated and help us know that what we are doing is important to you. Don't be a lurker! Jump in and give us your thoughts!