October 5, 2010

TUESDAY TEXTURE SHOT

Can you guess what this is? Check out the hills and valleys, the striations, the little pricklies in the smooth dark green. I don't think I would know either. Anyway, it's the stem to one of the blue hubbard squash in my garden. I love squash stems for their texture. So woody, but those smooth striations of green give it so much character. What textures do you love?

"There is something magical in seeing what you can do, what TEXTURE and tone and colour you can produce merely with a pen point and a bottle of ink."
                                                                                  Ida Rentoul Outhwaite

2 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed that that was a squash! Very cool! You are lucky that you were able to grow them. I had an infestation of stink bugs which ate almost all the squash plants I planted. I even went out with a vacuum cleaner to get rid of them, but there were just too many.

    I love texture, too, which is one reason why I like old textiles so much. I love it when the fabric has become worn and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I adore textures as well. It is like magic! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our audience! Comments are appreciated and help us know that what we are doing is important to you. Don't be a lurker! Jump in and give us your thoughts!