TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List is a membership organization of textile businesses and fiber artists. Half of our members have Etsy shops so we have an Etsy team. This blog serves as a jumping board where we can showcase our Team member shops and direct you to them.
Clicking on the Member Profile links on the left sidebar will take you to TAFA's main site where you can read more about that member and follow them to their shops on Etsy. As our members are vetted in based on the quality of their work, you will find outstanding examples of all textile traditions here. We hope that you will explore TAFA's site, shop from our members and spread the word!
Our members on Etsy use TAFA as a tag. We now have over 2,500 items listed on Etsy. Click to see.
Our Team has a group page on Pinterest! Follow us and pin away!
More about TAFA
Who we are:
The TAFA List is a business community of entrepreneurs rooted in textile and fiber art products and traditions. A majority of our members have social and environmental agendas at the core of their business. TAFA ‘s members have a shared goal of building their businesses through virtual and actual marketplaces in an increasingly global world. TAFA unites old and new traditions, their historical and modern importance, giving a shared platform to both contemporary and traditional textile techniques from all cultures. TAFA was launched on January 31st, 2010. At its first birthday, TAFA had grown to 229 members, most of whom were working artists. As of January 2012, membership was at 402 members from 35 countries. We continue to grow.
- are diverse, representing products that range from supplies to museum quality work.
- include working artists, retail and wholesale e-commerce, cooperatives, galleries, organizations, writers, publishers, and collectors.
- are committed to sustainable products (green, recycled, fair trade, etc.) in significant numbers.
- have a history of leadership within their niche through publications and workshops.
- create products ranging from handmade supplies to finished, high end installation works.
- represent over 30 countries.
- tend to have an active social media presence on Facebook, Etsy, LinkedIn and Flickr.
Search results on TAFA: