April 30, 2011

More TAFA Market Participating Artists

Continued from yesterday:
Meet a few more of our artists displaying this week in Paducah

Posted by Barbara Harms, Asian Art And Quilts

and, remember, if you can't step into the market you can still purchase the Market items on TAFA’s site

Ready, to meet a few more artists?
These were questions I asked each of them were:
1 -How would you describe the style of your work?
2--Describe yourself in 5 words?
3-What has been your proudest professional accomplishment to date?

Constance Rose

  1. My work is abstract. I design my quilts to highlight the surface-designed fabrics I create, the fabric itself is the main focus. (This is more so now than when I created the quilts at the TAFA Market.) The machine quilting emphasizes the dyed, printed or discharged pattern lines. I like my quilts to make a statement just because the fabric is beautiful and worthy of being displayed as artwork.
  2. Five words to describe myself ~ perceptive, broadminded, inventive, nonconforming, down-to-earth
  3. My proudest professional achievement to date ~ having 2 articles published in Quilting Arts in 2010
check out my blog and read all about me~  Connie

Jwrobel

1 -How would you describe the style of your work?
There has never been a time in my life when I wasn't knitting or sewing. I learned those first lessons from my grandmother when I was too young to recall a beginning. It just became a part of my descriptive adjectives: long hair, green eyes, fiber addict. I love how color and texture combine to not only create beauty, but function, as well. Manipulating and combining my textiles with my experience in costuming, papercraft, and surface design is a never ending and enthralling pursuit. My aesthetic is an amalgam of my bohemian and vintage sensibilities with a good dose of classic design. Everything is a surprise.
2--Describe yourself in 5 words?
The Business:
Handmade. Natural. Vintage.
Sustainable Design and Decor.
me:
Eclectic. Devoted. Cranky. Mischievous. Coffee Addict.
3-What has been your proudest professional accomplishment to date?
A year ago I closed and walked away from my successful special events floral design studio to return to my roots and true love- fiber. Big changes in life tend to always be nerve wracking even when the changes are "the right" changes. I'm relieved to find that I was courageous enough to take the risk and am so grateful for the support and encouragement I've gotten from everyone around me.
Jwrobel, LLC

Rose Hughes - RavenSpeak Quilts



1. I would best describe my work as 'expressionist', for I take in the world and then give back through my quilts how I see it. I love to travel - near or far, and by paying attention find some small or large, special scene to give back.
2. 5 words - that's tough -- intuitive, open, patient, reflective, tenacious
3. I feel very blessed to have been able to share my work and my passion for all things 'fiber' with many people, though many ways, but I believe through my books, Dream Landscape & Exploring Embellishments, I get to share ways for so many others to see they can 'do it, too'. I love that moment in a workshop where my student's eyes light up with possibilities now open to them... that's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our audience! Comments are appreciated and help us know that what we are doing is important to you. Don't be a lurker! Jump in and give us your thoughts!